Have you guys ever tried the combo of dill, cream cheese, and cucumber together? Oh my goodness – it is flavor heaven. I’m going through a dill phase right now. I want dill in everything that I eat…everything. It is just so yummy and SO summery! I haven’t ever gotten into using dill in the past, but suddenly I’m all bout that life, yo.
I bought a spiralizer from Amazon recently. Well, actually…I didn’t buy it recently. I bought it like 4 months ago, but it has been sitting unopened in my kitchen cabinet since then. I only opened it this past weekend. I tried using it in a zucchini recipe, and I was not a fan of how it turned out. I am definitely planning on experimenting much more with it in the near future, but for now I used it on these cucumbers!
It takes literally two seconds to spiralize these babies up, and they end up being so thinly sliced and crisp. LOVE.
There are two elements of this recipe that make it so fantastically wonderful.
- The flavor combo. We’ve got the seedy, toasted everything bagel. The creamy, fluffy whipped cream cheese with fresh, flavorful dill and pungent garlic folded in. The fresh, thin, crisp cucumber topped with salt, pepper, and pinch of pepper flakes. Throw all of these together, and you’ve got the most delicious summery bite of food that exists!
- The texture combo. You end up with the BEST combination of textures in this bagel: crunch and chewiness from the toasted bagel, creamy richness from the cream cheese, and crisp freshness from the cucumber. Perfection.
So tonight Seth and I have a military ball that we are going to. Aaannnndddd I’m 36 weeks preggo. Which means I have to wear a floor length, formal dress while I have a small child about to bust from my belly. I was stressing about the dress because we have like ZERO maternity stores where I live.
The department stores at the mall don’t even have formal maternity sections or anything like that…so apart from Target’s tiny maternity section (which includes zero formal wear obviously), I was out of luck unless were talkin’ online. Online is always sketchy whether you’re pregnant or not – you never know how something will fit. But it’s even sketchier when you are super tall like me. Dresses are almost always too short if I order them online.
But after much searching, we found one that was photographed on a 5’9 model, which is the same height as me, so we were thinkin’ we hit the jackpot. So I ordered a size six, crossed my fingers, and waited for the package. It got here several days ago, and they sent a size THREE, not a size six. I was like…grreeeaaaaaatttttttttt. There definitely wasn’t enough time to return it and get another one, so I tried it on just to see. It actually fits relatively well, but it is a tiny bit short. Not short enough for me to bag the whole thing, though. And it’s a tiny bit extra form fitting…but everything is form fitting in this stage of pregnancy, so we’re rollin’ with it.
It’s kind of a stretch (literally and figuratively – ha ha) for a military ball gown because it’s basically just a form fitting black cotton maxi dress, but we’re making it work because if I’m going to go to a formal event like this at 36 week preggs, I refuse not to at least be comfy, danget!
I’ll letcha know how it goes .
Here’s your recipe! Dive into bagel awesomeness.
Dilled Cream Cheese and Cucumber Bagels
This bagel brings together the most delicious combo of flavors and textures for the perfect summer bite!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 bagels
- 3 everything bagels
- 1 hot house (also called English) cucumber
- 8 oz whipped pain cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- A few pinches of red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Combine your cream cheese, dill, and grated garlic in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Spiralize or thinly slice your cucumber.
- Toast your bagels.
- To assemble: spread 3 tablespoons of dilled cream cheese across one side of your bagel, pile some of your cucumber on top, sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper.
If you want to add more protein to this, some turkey lunch meat would be yummy!
- Serving Size: 1 bagel
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 1024 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 65 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 52 mg
If you make this or any of my other recipes, be sure to Instagram it and hashtag #thegarlicdiaries!
In the mood for more yummy sandwich recipes? Check these out:
Turkey, Apple, and Brie Sandwich with Apple Cider Mayo
Baked Ham and Swiss Croissants with Honey Mustard Sauce
Meg’s Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders with Magic Sauce
Powered by WPeMatico