Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is simple, quick and easy recipe for super moist and flavorful homemade banana bread. No mixer required, just a few simple ingredients and a five minutes of prep time!!!! And this is the best snack or breakfast you could make for your family.
However, I love to add chocolate wherever possible and moist banana bread is perfect for that. And chocolate chips are the best addition for banana bread, at least to my taste. This bread tastes great on its own, but when you add chocolate chips it becomes the best banana bread you’ve ever tried, too.
As I said, this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is really simple, quick and easy. Moreover, you’ll need just simple ingredients you’ve already have at your home: flour, sugar, baking soda and salt, butter egg, vanilla and chocolate chips.
And If you hate to wash dishes, you can make it in just one bowl. Just skip the step when stir together dry ingredients first, in separate bowl and throw it all together in banana mixture. First, start with ripe bananas, then stir in melted butter, sugar and egg, and finally stir in flour, baking soda and salt. But do not forget chocolate chips!!! They take this banana bread over the top!!!
Also, you don’t need a mixer or this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Just whisk everything with a fork, whisk or a spoon.
However, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is great snack for kids. Also, it’s perfect for breakfast, especially, when you need breakfast idea to make ahead and grab on the go.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe:
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Author: Vera Zecevic
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is simple, quick and easy recipe for super moist and flavorful homemade banana bread. No mixer required, just a few simple ingredients and a five minutes of prep time!!!!
- 3 ripe bananas-mashed (about 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter-melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg-slightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips + more to sprinkle on top (if using milk chocolate chips, I suggest you to cut the sugar to ½ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 x 4 inch (or a larger) loaf pan with baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper leaving an overhang the sides.
- First whisk together flour, baking soda and salt, and set aside.
- Then, in a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Next, stir in melted butter, then add sugar, vanilla and egg and whisk well, too.
- Then add flour mixture and whisk until completely smooth.
- Finally fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes,until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (tent the top with aluminum foil if it brown too much and the bread is not done). First cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer on a rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes!